Board logo

Back from the Mar Menor....
Loxley - 4-11-2008 at 12:47

Right then, Neil and I are back from a great week in Murcia at the Mar Menor.

Lovely weather although the wind went a bit mental on a couple of occassions.

What's the outlook for the weekend ?

mNeil - 4-11-2008 at 14:32

hi Mark glad you got hojme safe and sound; wind looking SW to W sat and sunday with a decent strength although it is early yet. should be up friday evening looking for some good waves.

mNeil - 4-11-2008 at 14:32

hi Mark glad you got hojme safe and sound; wind looking SW to W sat and sunday with a decent strength although it is early yet. should be up friday evening looking for some good waves.

chase - 4-11-2008 at 15:27

Nice, did a few weeks in the mar menor over the winter. Fingers x next year my Dad will be renting his apartments, bang inbetween Murcia and Los Nietos. We're hoping to do a few kite specific holiday/ instruction weeks out there next summer/winter.

Mnt Biking in the Sierra Espuna's is pretty cool too for them no wind days.

Loxley - 4-11-2008 at 16:16

We had an afternoon at Los Nietos. Was like a ghost town or something out a mexican western. Still,other than the water being a weird sandy colour it was a good spot. But may be a bit busy in summer as very little launch space otherwise I would imagine.
We were east of the marina, not sure if there is a better access point.

justal - 5-11-2008 at 08:25

Good to hear you had a good time... Must be time to start looking forward to a snow-boarding holiday next!

See ya soon.
Al.

chase - 5-11-2008 at 11:25

it does get a bit tight down there, if you goabout 500m further north theres some big dried out salt beds that you can launch from and use for landboarding, loads of other spots further north (los alcazeras and san pedro) both good but tight launching again. Playa Lisa up at santa Pola has got about the most space (gets better wind too) not on the mar menor but it is a nice big bay with a rescue boat at the water sports center..

oooo, I'm feeling the need for some warm water now :-(

Loxley - 5-11-2008 at 13:09

Mostly our sessions were at Los Narejos, just about a 5 minute walk from the apartment we had on the Puerto Marina complex. Lovely penthouse 3bed with a massive roof terrace so we could see if any kites were out before we bothered walking down to the beach !

Loxley - 5-11-2008 at 13:10

Oh and Al, yes we are on with organising another snowboard trip next easter in the campers !