Board logo

Black Rock can some please tell me the access situation
frankthesurf - 5-8-2008 at 17:18

well the title says it all
any info welcome
thxs in advance

Beeds - 5-8-2008 at 21:39

hi,you can acess the beach by turning left just after the spar .( its sign posted )or making your way past the spar & carrying on as far as you can go ,you will end up on the beach.be careful of soft sand ,lots of it about to get stuck in.great beach for kite surfing etc.caution in high season.hope this is some help.

justal - 6-8-2008 at 06:35

I think he probably meant what are the current restrictions as far as kite-surfing and buggying at Black Rock Sands, not how do you get there?

I haven't been up there for a few years so I'm not sure what they are but the kiters here will help I'm sure.

Al.

shem - 6-8-2008 at 07:25

usually a may to september ban on land kiting, kite surfers launch as close to the water as poss. Call Porthmadog harbour master for the official restrictions

jack russell - 6-8-2008 at 14:33

Flexifoil Forums > Meets & Events > Location Guidelines & Restrictions > Restricted Sites Register - places with known bans or restrictions

Hit Flexifoil.com and try this link it's well covered on the flexi forums, you don't have to register to view but you will need to if you want to make an enquiry or chat to members; Black rock sands are much discussed there - Shem is absolutely correct in his statement above, the last time I contacted them Ken Fitzpatrick was the man to talk to if you phone through to the harbour masters office. Restrictions are well advertised on the forums to try to keep the land based image squeeky clean. I take it you plan on getting into the water....... I only do dry land at my age but the meets/events guys will arrange to meet you on the beach and steer you right. Sorry to send people to other sites for the info Al but no point reinventing the wheel huh? Have fun. Jack

[Edited on 6-8-2008 by jack russell]

[Edited on 6-8-2008 by jack russell]