Board logo

kite prices and where to get them!
shem - 3-6-2008 at 12:40

Well at the start of the year I stated how mad it was that all the kite companys where trying to sell kites at 1000 pounds each and upwards!!! It turns out now that ozone have decided not to distribute anymore, instead youll be able to buy them straight from Chris at surface tension, as you know sean and myself are doign the sdame with caution, and theres talks that a LOT of other big companies are about to go the same way. Hope fully this will bring down the price of kites as therell be no middle men as such, (I might be wrong, maybe theyll still keep prices high), but x fingers hey. Watch this space for more direct companies, Ill update them, talk has it, a big foil company will be crossing over next. It probably shows also that people arent buying the kites at the high prices, which is whats forcing the companies to take this tactic.

Oh, more caution mayhem demos arriving tommorow, ye ha!!!!!!

crut - 3-6-2008 at 17:08

quote:
Originally posted by shemOh, more caution mayhem demos arriving tommorow, ye ha!!!!!!

Having spoken to Airjam, I definitely want to have a go on a Caution Mayhem

shem - 3-6-2008 at 21:21

Just wait till you try one then!

col123 - 5-6-2008 at 09:45

i must correct you Shem chris will be selling ozone but he won't be a distributor you will be able to get ozone kites from the normal sources, all chris (surface tension) has done is decided not to distribute ozone, ie:- hold stocks etc..

Normal service from ozone dealers..

The only downside is that chris is the ultimate Font of knowledge when it comes to ozone kites, in the UK

shem - 5-6-2008 at 16:29

Thats what I ment , sorry col should have said surface tension not ozone, Im right in saying that ozone will be selling direct to shops not via a distributor. So youd like to think that as therell be no middle man as such, the prices should come down hey! X fingers.

mNeil - 6-6-2008 at 07:37

can you imagine not wanting to cash in on that extra bit of profit Shem? doubt it very much; prices rarely come down , there will always be an excuse for them to stay inflated, just like fuel!

shem - 6-6-2008 at 12:34

caution have dropped by about £200 per kite, so you never know, Itd be great if more kids could afford to get into the sport, imagine how far theyd push things!!!!!