Board logo

Weekend 22nd 23rd
Fart Boy - 19-12-2007 at 19:57

If the wind keeps up I shall be down early on the 22nd Dyfi side.

Dandine - 19-12-2007 at 20:48

see you bright and early the 23rd mate

danh - 20-12-2007 at 07:59

well looks like i've jinxed it. Wind looks pretty poor now

Noo Noo - 20-12-2007 at 13:02

Not sure yet.
Anyone planning sessions Sunday / Monday?

Chances are I'll be at BRS. A trip to Dyfi isn't off the cards though.

jon d hat - 20-12-2007 at 20:48

Looks like I dont have to work on Monday...and the wind seems to be making an appearance...If it holds, I'll be up for a session...anything to escape the christmas trap...

Looks like the tide will be good for a sesh in the lagoons too

Spooker - 21-12-2007 at 08:51

mmmmmmmm.....

does look pretty good Monday - maybe a Dovi sesh?

I could always deliver my christmas pressies on Boxing day instead?

Got a stinking cold tho...

Decisions, decisions

shem - 21-12-2007 at 09:10

I just hope it warms up the last week has been not over 3 degrees, with a wind chill factor of about -8!!!!

Dandine - 21-12-2007 at 16:41

I'll be there monday...........and tuesday............ and wednesday and thursday. Doeas santa do van visits???????

Fart Boy - 21-12-2007 at 20:50

quote:
Originally posted by Dandine
I'll be there monday...........and tuesday............ and wednesday and thursday. Doeas santa do van visits???????

You have had enough presents recently he wont have a budget left for the rest of us!

shem - 22-12-2007 at 19:53

Monday looking epic

Dandine - 22-12-2007 at 22:26

That's only because I have been a very good boy

Fart Boy - 23-12-2007 at 10:14

Yep Monday is looking good but wont be down now till late in the week. May do 2 to 3 days in the run up to New Year. I will drop you a line Shem.

Have a good Christmas all.

shem - 23-12-2007 at 18:39

Not looking as good for Mon now, morning looks ok, so Ill be on it firstish light!

ajwhitewater - 26-12-2007 at 15:03

quote:
Originally posted by shem
Not looking as good for Mon now, morning looks ok, so Ill be on it firstish light!

Just missed You Shem you rite we had about hour worth of wind before before it total died, well at least two of us had an hour lets just say two other kiters who's names who I can not recall spent most of the hour untangling kites after collision do bear in mind that it was very crowded at Aberdovey all four of us, so shem you see just as well you did not go for a kite there was no room

Fat Shady - 26-12-2007 at 16:41

Sounds like it was really busy

Is any one kitesurfing at Aberdovey or Borth on 27th ?

ajwhitewater - 26-12-2007 at 17:17

quote:
Originally posted by Fat Shady
Sounds like it was really busy

Is any one kitesurfing at Aberdovey or Borth on 27th ?

I am going up

Fat Shady - 26-12-2007 at 17:30

Which side will you be going to?

I have not been on the water since about April, must make more effort

The forecast looks great for the next few days though

ajwhitewater - 26-12-2007 at 18:48

quote:
Originally posted by Fat Shady
Which side will you be going to?

I have not been on the water since about April, must make more effort

The forecast looks great for the next few days though

Aberdovey side I was looking at

justal - 26-12-2007 at 19:01

Should be at least a few of us out at on the Borth side too.... See Here

Al.

Fat Shady - 26-12-2007 at 19:13

Thanks guys, will see you tomorow

I will head for the Dovey side mid morning and hope to scoresome action in the lagoons as the tide drops.

ajwhitewater - 26-12-2007 at 20:11

Change of plan looks like I am heading for borth see you all there

nick-r - 27-12-2007 at 09:47

just off to machine mart to buy a mig welder in order to try and save the land rover disco from returning to it's pre-metalic state. gonna spend the next few days prepping for a major floor replacemment .all seems quite straight forward if not a little big for a first time welder.......should see you all soon if i don't set the car on fire....merry new year.....

Spooker - 27-12-2007 at 10:22

Nick - Just watched 'Transformers' then read your post - I wonder what the 'Disco of Death' will look like after a complete novice is let loose with an angle grinder and a welder.

col123 - 27-12-2007 at 10:55

spooks it'll end up looking like your old transit

nick-r - 27-12-2007 at 11:28

new toys......
just back from machine mart with a clarke 151TE mig welder and an an angle grinder, spare discs and gas, files, clamps and spot weld drill bits and some new screwdrivers...(i already had the big hammer.)

all i need now is some metal....

hopefully it will still resemble a landrover when i'm fineshed.

Spooker - 27-12-2007 at 11:28

THAT bad!

mmmm you're probably right, how many times have we all heard those imortal words "how difficult can it be.....?" followed moments later by disaster

Anyway - on a brighter note - saturday is looking well good at the moment. So see y'all Friday night for a top sesh on sat morning

shem - 27-12-2007 at 14:01

Remember to disconect the battry nick!!!!!!!!

I cant get out today cos of the kids, ( selfish of them to expect to be looked after)! But Ill be out for a early one tommorow and on Sat.

nick-r - 27-12-2007 at 14:41

quote:
Remember to disconect the battry nick!!!!!!!!

no worries there shem.....iit has'nt got batteries, t's mains powered.

thx all the same..

col.......are you allowed to take the fire engine home at weekends.....if so...any chance you could pop over and help me wiith my welding...

Spooker - 27-12-2007 at 15:12

By "help"

do you mean to put out the ensuing blaze?? In which case its probably best Col puts the rest of the station on standby.

Pretty flammable stuff steel - once you get it going

shem - 27-12-2007 at 19:53

Wot mains powered landy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pluto - 27-12-2007 at 21:25

Glad to hear I'm not the only one baby sitting Shem!

Hoping to be about for a sesh on Saterday if there's any wind left...

Spooker - 28-12-2007 at 09:08

Paul - saturday still looking very promising - small kites tho.

7m OR1 anybody?

Andy B - dust the cobwebs off yours - you mite get the chance to use it in anger

nick-r - 28-12-2007 at 09:44

quote:
Wot mains powered landy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'll disconect the battery shem..any other useful tips would be appreciated..ordered a co2 fire extinguisher with free next day delivery from the online fire brigade...(not so good if the fire has already started).....the disclaimer on the website states if you are visiting this website because you already have a fire, next day delivery probably won't be quick eneough, please call 999 and exit the building immiediately.

back on a serious note though, not sure that i'll be welding in the kitchen again, way too many sparks for indoors, it did'n say anything in the instrction booklet about not test welding an axle stand to the cooker...where's the angle grinder.....

[Edited on 28-12-2007 by nick-r]

Spooker - 28-12-2007 at 10:51

Nick,

if ANYONE else had told me they'd just welded an axle stand to their cooker - I'd know it was a joke

But you however..... You I can believe

shem - 28-12-2007 at 11:33

If it all goes wrong, can I have the scrap, only done a little bit of welding, but I fancy making a custon chopper at some point, (watch this space)!

nick-r - 28-12-2007 at 13:03

quote:
I fancy making a custon chopper at some point, (watch this space)!

go for it shem. hobby migs can be had for a tad over 100 quid these days, although you might want something with a but more power for welding up a bike frame..i wish i'd got one years ago.

i went for 150 amps which is probably good for 5mm plate in short bursts, so that i can weld up some heavier stuff once i've fineshed with the disco.....

custom built single bike trailer for the ktm could be next on the cards..all the ancilliaries are available quite cheaply online. i'e wheels, stub axles, plastic mudguards, light board, tow hitch.all i need to do is cut a few pieces of channel or box then weld it all together.....thats if if i've still got something left to tow it with of course