Board logo

Where to go on Kitesurfing Holiday Mid March
sims - 10-12-2007 at 17:41

Hello you lot, just registered and just getting to grips with this addictive sport! Im wanting to go on a kitesurifng holiday in mid March. Where would you recommend, Im thinking Egypt, any advice on where or companies to go with would be great!!
Thanks

Loxley - 10-12-2007 at 20:03

Have a search for 'egypt' on this forum.

quite a few posts already made on where to try / how much / how good etc.

if you still cant find anything useful then post back here !

Mark

Dandine - 10-12-2007 at 21:47

I went to Tarifa with the Animal Academy last March. They were great and George and Rosie will take great care of you. Mind u, if you are learning the waves can get pretty big making it tricky. If you want flat water then probably best go for egypt.

sims - 12-12-2007 at 12:59

Thanks, been checking out Egypt and Hurgarda looks like it might be the place to go.
Anyone going out mid march??

lizzie1 - 9-1-2008 at 18:22

Hey, yeah Egypt is pretty cool, but have a look at Tarifa too like Dandine says. the weather is nice in March, and there aren't many people about, so you have loads of space on the water. I used highflyerstarifa.com when I went. They (Kev and Lisa) run holidays, or you can just stay with them at their apartment. Really nice couple.
Good luck, happy riding

Dandine - 11-1-2008 at 14:55

Remember, you still have to wear a wetsuit their in March. I just took shorts and got a shock. Mind u picked up a bargain on a Ripcurl f bomb wetsuit

Spooker - 11-1-2008 at 16:34

If you're still getting into the sport then go to El Ghouna rather than Hurghada - MUCH more shallow water and space to learn in. In Hurgahada there's a small learning lagoon with mucho gusty winds, the rest of the beach is very narrow and straight into deep water. El Ghouna is about 1/2 hour north of Hurghada.
Yep - it can get pretty chilly in the winds in Feb/Mar - take a shorty at least.