Board logo

How do you capture the experiences of your sport?
Joey Joe Joe - 6-12-2007 at 15:13

I need some help.

I'm a student studying product design. I'm currently starting a project looking at how participants in water sports capture their sessions on the water. Whatever the method, whether it be dragging friends and family down the beach to watch and take photo's/video, or simply writing experiences down in a dairy. Any method you use I would like to hear about it. Also how do you capture these experiences when you're on your own? And do you share these experiences later with friends? If so how? By showing photo's of just through word of mouth.

Any information would be of a great help.

Thanks alot Joe

shem - 6-12-2007 at 17:33

Word of mouth has to be the most popular way. Als Diary section on here is pretty popular as well,. Its good to look back at sessions. Photos and videos are great but its hard getting people to stand on cold welsh beaches!

nick-r - 6-12-2007 at 18:51

all my sessions are comitted to memory....
when i think back.it's just one big kiting weekend all rolled into one...with the odd photo here and there, although more diary entries would probably be a good idea.

col123 - 6-12-2007 at 20:25

nick-r's latest diary entry

pulled on to the top of the pebble bank in the landy,

rolled a big spliff

............................................................................................arrived back home in cov

mNeil - 6-12-2007 at 21:00

ye can't say that Col!!!!

justal - 7-12-2007 at 06:15

Mine are all stored in the Session Diaries and to memory. Its good to llok back through the diaries to jog the memory know and then, or just to look at the stats to see how many sessions you have had in a given year / month, or how many times you've used a particualr piece of kit (usually after breaking it!)

Al.

Loxley - 7-12-2007 at 12:24

Photos and videos generally, after that its relaying the weekends experiences to the guys back at the office on a monday morning. It sure beats their tales of queues in Sainsburys and B&Q !

nick-r - 7-12-2007 at 18:54

quote:
Originally posted by mNeil
ye can't say that Col!!!!

lol.....

Fart Boy - 7-12-2007 at 19:35

I have started to ask the tourists taking photo's. They are generally like to chat with you about your sport and are happy to email the pic's

Dandine - 11-12-2007 at 17:44

You love the tourist's don't you Mark. Well at the moment mine are commited to memory and I always embelish when I tell my friends. No need to let the truth get in the way of a good story hey. Will soon be doing blog/website of my tour for a more permanent record (and factual!)

Fart Boy - 11-12-2007 at 19:12

I would have loved to have had a picture of you doing that dismount the first time out on an Edge! Mind you one picture would not have done it justice!