Board logo

Pumping my new sonic up
crut - 13-6-2007 at 14:48

Hi,

I have just received my ordered GK Sonic2 11m, and was wondering something: in the book it says pump it up to 4.5 PSI which is fine, but the pump it comes with doesn't have a pressure gauge so was wondering how I solve the problem?

I've pumped it up once using a slingshot pump so know what it looks and feels like when up to pressure, but I don't wish to over pump.

Should I 'acquire' one with a gauge on it?

shem - 13-6-2007 at 19:33

Hi. One thing you need to remember, this will apply to all kites. The book says pump to 4.5psi, this applies to what the manufacturers have found works best. However, the lucky swines do all there testing in this case in mauritious,(excuse spelling), so due to different air pressures caused by the heat, you will need to pump it up to 6psi to use it in our cold climate. If you dont have a gauge, basically you want the kite to be firm, and when you flick it virtually play a note, not to hard or youll put unnessecary pressure on the LE. If your flying over this way give me a call and Ill go through a set up with you.

All the best

crut - 14-6-2007 at 07:11

quote:
Originally posted by shem
Hi. One thing you need to remember, this will apply to all kites. The book says pump to 4.5psi, this applies to what the manufacturers have found works best. However, the lucky swines do all there testing in this case in mauritious,(excuse spelling), so due to different air pressures caused by the heat, you will need to pump it up to 6psi to use it in our cold climate. If you dont have a gauge, basically you want the kite to be firm, and when you flick it virtually play a note, not to hard or youll put unnessecary pressure on the LE. If your flying over this way give me a call and Ill go through a set up with you.

All the best

Do you fly borth side or dovey side? It would be most excellent to get some advice, will be up about this weekend most probably.

bucski - 14-6-2007 at 14:59

Yes they do do their testing in Mauritius as I was there when they were doing it - what a barsteward!!!

shem - 14-6-2007 at 17:36

Mainly dyfi side, but ocassionally pop to borth as well.

mkiter - 17-6-2007 at 16:49

Check their latest video ...45 Mph wind

http://www.youkiteboard.com/view_video.php?viewkey=521c12ee76289d944081

col123 - 18-6-2007 at 07:46

45mph.paahhhh.....try 63mph on a 9m...been there done that