Board logo

fitting rear seats in panel van
chris - 2-4-2007 at 17:40

with no wind on the horizon. im planning a bit of DIY on my beloved vw t5.

i need a bit of moral support because i m gonna need to drill the floor to bolt the rear seat in.

now that there are a number of vans on the beach which have been nicely converted, im after hints and tips.

i.e lining the seat up and drilling through bits i shouldnt, warranty issues, what bolts should i use, seat belt fixings, e.t.c.

im hoping to remove the front 2 seater and bolt it into the rear for a temporary solution until im rich enough to send the van to be fitted out.

fingers crossed for the weekend

cheers

chris

bucski - 2-4-2007 at 20:08

not that I have done the same but there were some predrilled and threaded holes already in my van floor when I bought it, don't know whether they were in there as standard and whether their position would be any good - just a thought. Did drill through the floor for my water outlet but drilled from underneath to make sure I wasn't hitting anything crucial.

Fart Boy - 3-4-2007 at 16:47

Chris

I have just purchased a T4 Caravelle obviously with lots of seats so having the reverse problem to you. Try this forum.

http://vwt4.forumsplace.com/index.php?sid=1a2d59c7b9d06825e53d9e6bf479739c />
There are loads threads for T4's that would give you some idea plus a T5 chat area. Also there are a bunch of guy's changing to T5's so probably doing the same thing.

Mark