Board logo

waroo pro
col123 - 21-9-2006 at 21:57

was out on wednesday in beautifeul sunny borth with 30 t0 40 knt winds this is what ive posted on the pro's on the flexi forum.... they were super fast and nosebleed high, mind you it was doing 30 to 40 knts, handled the gusts very well, but i found in the lulls the kite looses power and instead of sheeting in and powering the kite up like on nova's or rebels or even the link i had to loose ground down wind to gain speed, very impressed so far but time and durability will show if its worth the mega bucks

super light kite with a nice feel on the bar, few niggles the bag on the 9 is way to small just goes in , you need a degreee in origami to get a decnt fit, also the safety leash i would like to see snap shackles both ends and not a wrist leash, a centre re-ride would also be good or a spinning system, the velcro on the inflation stoppers is a tad to short so when you put the stopper in the one way valve you loose a bit of air because of the angle you have to pul the stopper too..

don't get me wrong if you want a jumping monster that handles the gusts, go for the pro..i haven't flown the standard waroo, but if it's anything like the pro i see what all the badly slag off all other brands reviews were, it's a shame because on first impressions its a cracking bit of kit, but the way it's been hyped will put a lot of people off..

Now the bad bit wednesday was my last sail for 6 weeks as i had an (ouch) hernia op today...so theres a 9 pro, rebel 12. nova 2 9m and a 12 link lying around which i can't use..oh yea there's a scorpion as well but i can't talk about that..so in a couple of weeks time i'll do some weekend tours around the welsh coast's, i'll let you know were and when..

Would i buy one ..probably

e flexi site..