Board logo

brainwave! saturday at abergele, northerly
mNeil - 16-12-2005 at 13:03

just had a brainwave, why go all the way over to the east coast when its northerly and abergele just off the a55 on the north wales coast is only one and a half hour away from birmingham. also the tides are very high due to full moon.
think i might just go there instead of the east coast.
take the abergele turn off on the a55 go through the town and head for the train station; over the bridge on the railway and turn right behind the station parking on the beach pebbles; oh no have to walk 10 mtres to the sea!!!! toilets are 20 mtre from station.

carlessd - 16-12-2005 at 13:56

what time does the tide work up their neil?, goin out tonight need to know how drunk i can get. early start or not?. either way i'l be there 1h 30mins gotta be the right choice for me. is there any sand to come in on?

mj - 16-12-2005 at 15:34

Is Abergele a good spot then? I live 10 miles away and haven't heard of its use before - would be good for me. I know kites are popular at LLandudno west shore.

mNeil - 16-12-2005 at 15:37

high tide on the north wales coast looks like being about 11.00 ish . loads of sand when the tide goes out, its only down from rhyl dont forget. will prabably set off about 7 ish ,no rush as its close. see you there

darren byrne - 16-12-2005 at 17:11

Sounds good guys, hopefully be there, depends on beer consumption tonight!!!