Board logo

wave hunt 2006
willf - 9-11-2005 at 20:06

i think it's time booked some time a long weekend or something to go find some waves sometime in the spring... what do you reckon? my only problem is having to book time in advance. one day on the big stuff and i'm hooked. gotta get me some thruster action.

leonardo - 9-11-2005 at 21:31

Cape Town??? hehehe

or more affordable places near home: -

West Ireland
SW Cornwall
Broadhaven
Rhossies

What u really need to do is keep an eye on the swell maps and then plan your life around that. Welcome to the world of surfing..

justal - 9-11-2005 at 21:49

Gower??
Or how about a trip to Croyde... I haven't been there for a while.

MarkyP - 10-11-2005 at 07:35

Bigbury & Bantham are usually worth a trip on a S or SW without being too far away.

leonardo - 10-11-2005 at 07:36

Croyde rulz for drinking!!! real surfer like taverns showing surfing and kiting video's - reminds me of my previous home

But u can't really kitesurf croyde..the locals don't like it and neither does the council..round the corner there are often decent sized surf at woolacombe!!! and u can camp overnight! bit of walk down to da beach though

Just checked out the latest kiteworld mag and there is also an epic wave spot called La Palue in Brittany on NW coast of France..i'm up for it! Speaking of which, why wait until Spring?? i wanna go first weekend i get back from cape Town!!!!!!!!!!!!

justal - 10-11-2005 at 07:54

quote:
Originally posted by leonardo
Croyde rulz for drinking!!! real surfer like taverns showing surfing and kiting video's - reminds me of my previous home

It WAS my previous home... I lived right in the village, (Croyde Manor Mews) just down the road from the Thatch.

quote:
But u can't really kitesurf croyde..the locals don't like it and neither does the council..round the corner there are often decent sized surf at woolacombe!!! and u can camp overnight! bit of walk down to da beach though

I think they've banned it at Saunton as well now as the beach owners decided they didn't want the repsonsibility and couldn't afford the insurance in case someone got hurt... I'm sure you could go around to Crow Point though for some flat water sessions.

Al.

shem - 10-11-2005 at 09:33

If you want a cheap solid surf trip, try any where in the canaries. My Brother and I are thinking of going to Cape verdi in spring, Ponta preta is the wave you see in a lot of kite surf vids, theres also a great left on the main Island. Its a perfect spot for kite and malibu surfing. Just gotta watch out for sharkys!!

leonardo - 10-11-2005 at 13:24

i'm up for a point break!!! gimme gimme! Who r u flying with shem and also where r u flying from?

shem - 10-11-2005 at 14:19

Havent looked yet, but brothers mate has just bought a house on the island!! yom yom.

If your up on the weekend and theres waves, we should go check out a couple of our points leo. Im sure chris will be up for it as well.

dunk - 10-11-2005 at 14:21

Hey Shem,
Got any idea of cost?
Wouldn't mind hookin up for that trip

leonardo - 10-11-2005 at 17:52

Shem - I'm up tomorrow night and riding saturday but need to be back for sunday..

let us know where u're gonna kite..gimme the badboy sharpest and gnarliest reef pointbreak u know of

chris - 10-11-2005 at 21:47

the best wave spot for us is down the road from borth.L*********d crossshore in a sw.
shem knows what i mean.

my 6'4" has been glassed today. ready for next week. just need my sonic 8m and the waves are mine (well after i learn to gybe).

see ya at the end of the month.

shem - 11-11-2005 at 19:39

Been amping my self watching Funk, every day. Got a new 6ft thruster on the way, as the 5,6" fish has nearly served its purpose!! Leo you want shallow ill give you shallow!! A left point north of Tywyn, nick named "DINGS"!

leonardo - 11-11-2005 at 20:45

SHEM DUDE!!! Wind looks sketchy so decided not to come down..

Let's make a plan for next weekend wind permitting of course! Bring on da dings!!!