Board logo

weekend 22nd oct
mNeil - 20-10-2005 at 18:41

any one out; the dunkster is out and saying that justal appears to be underestimating the wind speed s this week. today he had a steady 20/25knts all day; thats some 12/15 more than predicted.going to keep and eyeon it tomorrow and make a decision.

Encee - 20-10-2005 at 18:55

Will be in North Wales over the weekend so will be in prime position for Blackrock or Anglesey..............

Pluto - 20-10-2005 at 19:12

You boys are hopefull!

If anything, I reckon it'll be gusty.....

mNeil - 20-10-2005 at 19:20

ah Paul while you are there ; the collection for the weather station at yu convenience please, also could you get on to Alex and Tim re their contributions.
cheers neil

jon d hat - 20-10-2005 at 19:26

Would love to come out to play but the forecast is looking naff for sat an sun

justal - 20-10-2005 at 20:06

quote:
Originally posted by mNeil
any one out; the dunkster is out and saying that justal appears to be underestimating the wind speed s this week. today he had a steady 20/25knts all day; thats some 12/15 more than predicted.going to keep and eyeon it tomorrow and make a decision.

Actually, I've just checked my forecast for today and it said 20 knots at the moment, and Force 4-5 all day.... Spot on if you ask me, not 12/15 less than predicted...

I'll be around this but it looks better for surfing than wind-driven sports...

I went over to the beach a few times today while Dunk was out, but it was only about 16 knots (which is smack bang in between Force 4 and Force 5) so I didn't bother going out as I'm still suffering with a cold and it wasn't worth making myself feel any worse.

Al.

andy B - 20-10-2005 at 20:10

will be up late friday night, and hey if there is no wind still coming up. i mean what a place to be at far better than the urban society with all its toxic gasses, speed traps, muggers etc as appossed to clean air, clean beach, no restrictions and so much space, oh ye and friendly people. oh man i love the weekend. see ya in heaven!!!!!

Kitefish - 20-10-2005 at 22:49

Andy mate your'e an addict suffering from withdrawl symptoms, youv'e only been away from the beach for one weekend and look want it's done to you.

You have made it sound like you live in inner city Brum rather than Oswestry Suppose thinking about it not much difference, except they don't get sheep rustling in Brum.

Have a good weekend whatever the wind does, off to Turkey tomorrow so see you all in couple of weeks

Ave a couple of scrumpy jacks for me.

Cheers!

shem - 21-10-2005 at 15:01

Aberdyfi was going off on Thursday, super owered on the 15 all day, fun surf anf perfect flat stuff. Just got back off the water now, but its hugely gusty, was swapping between my 8 and 14. Not nice!! Sh@te weather as well. I think Sunday may do some thing, then all of next wek looks sick!!

mNeil - 21-10-2005 at 15:21

well i am off all next week, so guess where i will be if there is wind.
testing some new vans saturday AT A SECRET SPOT!!!!!

chris - 21-10-2005 at 22:03

looks like next week is gonna be fun. will be kiting at a not so secret spot.

mNeil - 22-10-2005 at 09:19

i think will be joining you at that not so secret spot Chris on monday, going to use the weekend to go round the van shops and do a bit of barttering
; looking very southerly all week with maybe a bit of east in it some days ,would aberdovey be a better bet ? what say ye Shem ,is brummie Mark still in the car park, i know you said he was going out to portugal on the 2nd nov?