Board logo

Borth the place to be.
Kitefish - 11-9-2005 at 22:41

Didn't bother with Rocksniegr, popped over to Borth Sunday pm and it was just perfect. See diary entry. Was my best session to date, really managed to get going

I even have photographic proof. Perfect conditions sun, sea & 15 knots of wind.

Kitefish - 11-9-2005 at 22:43

Thats me actually going upwind and Al in the distance.

Kitefish - 11-9-2005 at 22:45

Piture from top didn't seem to appear, so here it is again. Perfect Borth

Kitefish - 11-9-2005 at 22:48

And another pic of me, a little further out. Hope your impressed Neil and Dunkster at least I don't feel quite like the the guy with all the gear and no idea now.

justal - 12-9-2005 at 06:03

Glad my chicken loop didn't snap while I was that far out.... it would have been one hell of swim!!!

What a perfect session hey, a nice steady wind, sunny skies and the beach to ourselves... Nit even any tourists to avoid.

Al.

mNeil - 12-9-2005 at 15:44

well done looking good! knew i should have given it a go sunday instead of going and looking at all those new vans.fingers crossed for this weekend.

andy B - 12-9-2005 at 18:55

go kitefish, coming to play this weekend started praying to the wind god already, new kite arrived today went for 8m liquid force 04. hey neil seen a ci today at marshbrook (below church stretton on the a49) with a compartment at the back for all them kites of yours, if you are interested i can stop and get details, as iam down that way again tomorrow?

willf - 12-9-2005 at 18:55

is that going up wind as in walking up wind?

there's no shame in going downwind. but only great kiters really know that!

andy B - 12-9-2005 at 19:05

thats not nice, the boy did good a little encouragement goes along way will

andy B - 12-9-2005 at 19:07

but i dont love him though

Kitefish - 12-9-2005 at 19:28

Cheers for the support. Can't make this W/E have to work at the Midland Gamefair and I bet it will be blowin a hooly.

Bet you can't wait to get back out Andy, hopefully see you in acouple of weeks.

Chris

willf - 12-9-2005 at 20:47

not being not nice but fun is better than up wind is all i really meant!!! and it does look like he's walking??? or am i looking at the wrong pic!!!???

dunk - 13-9-2005 at 12:02

Well done Chris!

Anyone aroud next week?????????

mNeil - 13-9-2005 at 12:21

thanks Andy,if it is a CI cyprio ,thats a low liner with the bed dat the back and not over the cab, on a merc chassis.have sen a few that i like but first need to sell Norman.
how were the screen covers Dunk? will be down this friday evening for the weekend see you then guys

dunk - 13-9-2005 at 13:56

Don't know if I'll be down for the weekend, as the Princess is back. I'm off work for 9 days so if there's any wind.....

The screen covers are really good, they got a bit wet though, so I used them inside the last night. Just ordered a swivel seat plate too!!!

mNeil - 13-9-2005 at 14:31

now there is supposed to be wind
tomorrow and as yet i am not working. if you fancy a trip for the day or 2 give me a ring and we could go together with fuel prices the way they are need to save a bit. i am working friday so will have to be back for then.

justal - 13-9-2005 at 14:58

Wind doesn't look too good for tomorrow at the moment... Worst day of the week really. Friday is still looking good though.

Al.

mNeil - 13-9-2005 at 15:10

thanks Al; wednesday only day can do. how is the weekend shaping?

justal - 13-9-2005 at 15:17

Pretty poor at the moment... Forecasts at the mo say:

Sat: NW about 3 knots... Looks to be sunny though so a sea breeze may develop??
Sun: Variable about 3 knots

justal - 14-9-2005 at 05:45

Neil..... Its still pretty windy here at the moment... WSW 20 knots or so. It is forecast to drop off though, but there is plenty at the moment.

Al.

justal - 14-9-2005 at 06:21

Forget it Neil, its now gone NW and dropped right off already.

Al.

mNeil - 14-9-2005 at 08:36

strangely enough i was up at 6.30 this morning making sure Ren got off to work on time.the things you do!!!!
looks like will be up on saturday with Col in big norm.see ya then

leonardo - 15-9-2005 at 19:16

sorry dudes who have already read this post but it should have been posted in this thread..

just a few words from the bok born and raised in probably and arguably the world's best kitespot - Cape Town..

The place rocks. Awesome weather over summer, awesome surfing in winter, bustling nightlife, beautiful scenery and all the blue sky and outdoor activities one could wish for...

but why is it then that so many young white south africans are moving to the UK??? I'll tell you why, the grass is not always greener on the other side..

Crime, people breaking into your houses so that they can buy bread for their families (and God help u if u or your missus is home when they break in), your personal car being broken into every 3-4 months for the latest sterio u've just had installed or a cheap jersey just to keep a streetkid warm at night, affirmative action where your degree means nothing as a black underpriviliged person will always get a job over you..see what i mean? just a few things to consider when dreaming about living overseas at all of these dreamlike kitemag destinations..that's just South Africa, don't even get me started on Rio, Brazil where my mum lived for more than 25 years on Copacabana Beach..I know all about it and all the stories that go with it..

In summary, i'd have to say that Cape Town and a small handful of other spots are tip top, but Ynyslas really is one helluva safe, friendly and cool spot!!!

Bring on Chris & Margie's Wedding YAHOOOO!!!!