Board logo

Lost board no. 2
paul b - 14-8-2005 at 21:31

Hi folks,

Yes done it again!
An unpromted release of my chicken loop ( a totally crap ocean rodeo punch out design that releases with any pressure on the brake lines ) saw me hanging on to my kite along way out to sea. I managed to drag in at warp speed but during this time the piston shackle on my leash seams to have released. Went back out but could not see it.
Its a North Dragon 135, white with a red dragon on the base and six TFC fins. It also has an orange rubber tube fixed between the footstraps.
Any how Ive allerted the authorities and if any body heres any news please let me know, cheers.

[Edited on 14-8-2005 by paul b]

justal - 15-8-2005 at 11:40

Where abouts were you when you lost it???

I'll keep my eyes (and ears) open for it.

Al.

paul b - 15-8-2005 at 14:02

Hi Al,
I was probably in line with second groin and a long way out. Not sure when it came off but probably shortly after the release as holding on to the bar meant I was fully powered up all the way back and I dont remember any resistance from my board most of the way.
Thankful to be back in, couldnt of held on any longer! let go of the bar and the kite leash brought it down. Snapped a main line somewhere in the process as well.

Thanks for any help,
Paul

justal - 15-8-2005 at 16:56

I tried to go for a walk along the beach earlier to see if could see any sign of your board, but my back injury wouldn't let me get down over the pebbles even using Morgan's pushchair as a 'Zimmer Frame' so I couldn't take a look for you... Mind you, it was pretty busy on the beach today so if it has washed in I'm sure someone else would have found it by now.

If I can manage to walk tomorrow I'll take a look.

Al.

paul b - 15-8-2005 at 20:22

Cheers Al,
Look after that back or you'll have to give up the water sports and start up a band, you could call it -
Al zimmer and the frames!
I'm sure the Borth rocks cafe will give you a gig.
Seriously though, take care,

Paul