Board logo

Wot Board ?
Encee - 25-6-2005 at 07:34

Ok......so you find yourself with a bit of "disposable income" and are thinking about buying a new kite board.

You already own a 158 (great board) and a 122 but the 122 is going to be sold as it has a very little volume,a very thin profile section and sinks on the first lull with an inexperienced rider like myself on it.............

Wot would you go for to compliment the 158 and a set of 8.5m 12and 17m kites for a 75 kg rider ?

Make ? Model ? Size ? Features ?

Is concave bottom "in" or just a medical condition ?

mNeil - 25-6-2005 at 20:28

hi Nige you missed a great day at brancaster.
small but fat boards appear to be the way forward, you should have a go on my 125 *41 mad eel sometime.
short to handle the power and wide for the lulls.
yes concave is a condition; Paul made tow identicle boards; mine and his , only his he put in some concave. now neither of us can tell the difference when riding them, so there you go and you cant get a fairer test than that.

col123 - 25-6-2005 at 21:15

fat and wide ..just like Shem...

try some different boards theres loads around at borth, neils is a corker, you could look at the crazy fly boards, if i can get it back off Shem

[Edited on 25-6-2005 by col123]

Encee - 26-6-2005 at 06:59

Thanks for the advice and the offers of a test drive.

However the money was burning a hole in my pocket and needed to blow it before my wife found another use for it !!!

On that basis I've ordered the 2005 Litewave 125...........

Just read the Brancaster diaries, couldn't make this weekend but heres hoping for next.
Waiting to read the Tiree diaries too........