Board logo

best hellfish
bucski - 5-5-2005 at 20:08

Just been reading about the new hellfish from Best, sounds amazing - if the hype is true - new material, super light and powerful - they reckon a three kite quiver fill fit in your hand luggage and stow in the overhead compartment!!!!

check it out on kiteforum.com or the main best site

col123 - 6-5-2005 at 11:58

they do sound good, but i noticed yesterday that naish are actually marketing that you now only need two kites per quiver, i think they not far wrong, everythings getting quicker and quicker..

.tim see you sunday if your about

bucski - 6-5-2005 at 13:24

check this out - (will see you sunday col cheers)

http://www.kiteflatwater.com/video/HF_v_Yarga.jpg

dunk - 6-5-2005 at 14:36

Looks interesting Tim. Be good to see how the new materials stand up to wear and tear.

What kites do you think I need in a quiver then Col? The Guys I've spoken to think 9,12,16 for me, I've got a 6 for when its nukin, cause I'm only a little bloke!

chris - 6-5-2005 at 21:01

sounds amazing. at least it will get rid of the problem i had today. not enough wind then to much. looks like a 2 kite quiver for next year. i'll start saving now.

dunk, i'm sure richard was talking about this material last year.

Pluto - 7-5-2005 at 20:08

Have you boys not seen the Slingshot One Pump before?

shem - 8-5-2005 at 07:29

As a one kite quiver you cant go far wrong witha 13 meter strike 2 and a 5th line as optional for huge wind.

col123 - 10-5-2005 at 19:32

im going for a no kite quiver next year ..just going to borrow one of shems t'shirts

shem - 10-5-2005 at 19:54

What, and my Jock strap for light winds!!!!

dunk - 11-5-2005 at 10:08

De hellfish seems to be stirring things up! Check out the forums on,

http://www.kite-surf.com />

[Edited on 11-5-2005 by dunk]

MarkyP - 11-5-2005 at 14:36

It looks pretty sexy from the pics I've seen. Funny though I haven't seen a price anywhere yet, or is it still a proto?

bucski - 11-5-2005 at 16:38

There is a raging debate on kiteforum, they've even had to open up a hellfish forum within kiteforum to deal with all the postings!

You can get the price off the best site, looks to be around £600 plus shipping and tax for the 13.

The weight of it seems amazing, depending on what you read its about a third the weight of a similar traditional LEI

[Edited on 11-5-2005 by bucski]

MarkyP - 12-5-2005 at 12:06

Thats a pretty good price, no wonder demand is high. So who's going to buy one so I can have a go on it before I lay down any wedge? Neil?

dunk - 12-5-2005 at 13:48

Personaly, I don't believe the hype. The reviews have been taken off the kite-surf forums, as they were written by someone from Best. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Later
D

bucski - 12-5-2005 at 14:09

True Dunk, I think most of the reviews are from best or people affliated to them (hard to know) however, given the weight and size of the kite, which in itself is amazing, I don't see how it can be all hype.
Very tempted to put in an order for one.
Plus if best have overhyped it then they're gonna go out of business pretty quick cause noone will believe a word they say next time.

chris - 12-5-2005 at 15:13

looking on the forums people are worried. probably mostly hype. why do pole sailers use thick plastic for sails?

the videos of the hell fish. some bods on th forum think they have been sped up and slowed down to make it look more impressive.

we shall see.

its like all the mountain bike stuff about at the moment. you can get a bike to take big drops, insane decents e.t.c. then most guys want one and use it no where near to it limit.

by the way anybody got a 6'2ish short board they want to sell?

mNeil - 12-5-2005 at 16:18

my goodness 600 for a hellfish when any at air-head are doing a 13 yarga 2005 model for 395. sorry size doesnt matter (ask Ren) but price does!!!

MarkyP - 13-5-2005 at 07:01

Agreed it is a bit rich compared to the price of Yarga's, but with Flexi's and Cabrinha's all going up this year.......?

It does sound a little too good to be to true and smells like Best hype by Best representitives. If it is a load of cack I'd be interested to see how many refunds they have to fork out.

Isn't the site offering and don't quote me, full refund within 3 months plus additional $100? Only skimmed it but that was the jist I got. Pretty confident standing by a company?