Board logo

pic of Jons cool peaked k/surf helmet
mNeil - 25-4-2005 at 15:56

just had to put this on ;the helmet is in carbon with a price tag around £140 i tink?
hope the size is ok Al
we counted over 30 kites in the air at once on sunday!

leonardo - 25-4-2005 at 18:09

dude like can't even see what skin colour this kiter has, let alone his helmet!

30 kites? sounds a bit overcrowded only 4 kites out at da estaury

[Edited on 25-4-2005 by leonardo]

mNeil - 26-4-2005 at 09:27

this is me trying to get the dimensions of the pic within the criteria of Al s site. helmet white.
skin colour tanned. 30 kites on such a huge expance of water ,negligable.
whats the weathe doing this weekend dude? might be up sunday onwards with Ren

leonardo - 26-4-2005 at 11:22

ahoy Bluebearded-dude

I have no idea yet..wind not looking very promising at this stage. Will be keeping a close eyeball on it though

I am quite tempted to go down to cornwall if there is more wind down there..we'll have to see..i just want F5!

mNeil - 26-4-2005 at 11:59

cant go off anywhere far; me got my annual appt at the hosp to see if i will live for at least another year and Ren is working saturday and coming with me for the sunday and monday; so looks like it will be borth as its closer unless it goes easterly again and then maybe brancaster for another fun session.

justal - 26-4-2005 at 12:10

quote:
Originally posted by mNeil
this is me trying to get the dimensions of the pic within the criteria of Al s site.

LOL... At least the message is beginning to sink in!!!
The image dimensions aren't too bad (640 pixels x 480 pixels is just about acceptable)... The filesize is the important bit and at 116kb it is still pretty big, I'm sure you could get it to less than 20kb really, but thanks for trying!!!

I only go on about it because the bigger the file, the more bandwidth it uses up each month (in this case 116 kb rather than 20kb every time someone views the image) and the more money it costs me! It is certainly an improvement on your last image though which was using up a whole 1Mb each time.

Al.

shem - 26-4-2005 at 12:49

I think the helmet is a "sweet, strutter" The dogs dangly bits for protection, yet looks good as well. Not cheap though. I ordered one last week.

mNeil - 26-4-2005 at 20:37

Al i'm trying but would like some help on the matter of getting it smaller, cant seem to find anything in the programme ,all i am doing is zooming in! maybe tim could help ; i have got finepix and irfanvew but still cant find the part that makes the thing consume less memory! one of the problems that comes with being old /handsome and tanned.oh and of course,so desirable!

justal - 27-4-2005 at 05:58

OK.... I don't know any of the programs you use, I use Photoshop (only the best for me!) and I don't even use a PC or windows so might not be a lot of help to you. I'll see if anyone else can give you a quick tutorial using the programs you have. If not I'll see what I can come up with as I do have a copy of windows running on this computer somewhere..... I won't recommend Photoshop to you as it ain't cheap, there is a free program out there called GIMP (honest) that does pretty much everything photoshop does though that may be worth looking at.

http://www.gimp.org/

It may be a little too complex really, but will do what you need it to, so if someone a little more computer literate than Neil with a PC feels like downloading it and telling Neil how to use it to reduce the filesize and image dimension then go for it.... How can you resist a program called GIMP???... I know Col will download it just because of its name!

Al.

Back again. Presumably you are running some version of windows and should therefore have a program called 'Paint'

col123 - 28-4-2005 at 20:17

did someone mention gimp

shem - 29-4-2005 at 07:06

Uh o!! Cols got a "gimp horn"!!