Board logo

new years day
chris - 11-12-2004 at 18:56

guys (and kite widows)

i was thinking about new years day and hopefully there will be wind. if there is then me and margi are gonna open the house to have a new years day BBQ/buffet (weather dependant) with endless tea and cakes. to continue the party theme you have to kite in fancy dress ( no gimps ).

fingers crossed for wind and i hope all of you can make it.

will post again nearer the time.

Pluto - 12-12-2004 at 09:35

Sounds like fun!

I'm hoping to have the in laws camper for that week and we were looking for a place to go. If there's wind it should be fun.

mNeil - 12-12-2004 at 10:50

i will be around over the new year as Rentia is working and staying over down london so if there is wind iwill be there; probably new years eve as well.
oh nearly forgot large new years lard pies as well.
MAKE IT A BORTH MASSIF OUTING WITH BIG FIRE ETC! it will feel like the summer

[Edited on 12/12/04 by mNeil]

chris - 12-12-2004 at 18:32

looks like borth is the place to be for new year. the friendship stays open all night and there are plenty of house parties.

hope to see you all there

bucski - 12-12-2004 at 20:03

day after new years i'm always nursing an enormous hangover, may well be there the day after, on the 2nd, I've got a santa outfit, so could wear that on the water!!

shem - 14-12-2004 at 22:26

Sounds good, especialy the fancy dress kiting.

Pluto - 15-12-2004 at 22:23

I thought you might like the fancy dress bit!!

Dave - 22-12-2004 at 17:00

Nice idea Chris & Margi

Hope you have a lot of fun - unfortunately we're visiting family.

Hopefully we'll see you soon in the new year.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

leonardo - 25-12-2004 at 15:04

ahoy dudes and dudettes..i am back in da uk on the 28th but will be in London for new year's eve..mmmmmm it will certainly get messy!

chris - 28-12-2004 at 21:07

back from london and the wind is looking good for new years day. getting cakes and food ready. should be out tomorrow and over the weekend.
cheers

justal - 31-12-2004 at 18:52

Still looking good, although not quite as windy as first forecast and it doesn't look as though it will get here until midday.... Should give us plenty of time to sleep off the hangovers!

Looks pretty muc SSW in the morning then swinging W-NW as it picks up. Sunday looks as though there shold be a nice steady NW all day... fingers crosses for a good wekend.

Al.