Board logo

saturday 20th update
mNeil - 19-11-2004 at 20:22

as of this evening col dont reckon on there being enough promised wind for saturday and i agree it is a bit thin on the ground or in the air! think col will go up on sunday , unfortunately cannot make sunday ,so have a good one! fingers crossed for next weekend wind and i can get up in the van. oh and lets hope that my new kites turn up by then!!!!!!!

[Edited on 19/11/04 by mNeil]

bucski - 20-11-2004 at 08:00

bummer (did u get my u2u neil?)
me and the new board is hoping to make an appearance on sunday, 50/50 chance I will be there. Think its time to put the booties on after blackpool last weekend!

mNeil - 20-11-2004 at 11:44

hi Tim got your u2u re blackpool trip.
good job didnt go anywhere today ,cant find any wind on xcweather .co.uk bar 6mph somewhere.
wont make tomorrow looks like the same and my folks are down .next weekend fingers crossed!

leonardo - 20-11-2004 at 12:55

The dunkstar and the bok may be heading to borth for the arvo sunday as it looks like it'll be 10 or 12m conditions! Will certainly be inclduing the booties as its frikkin freezing...

Elthria - 20-11-2004 at 15:04

When are people heading to borth would love to come out and watch am hoping to start kitesurfing soon and would love any advice, will there be enough wind to make it worth me bringing my 3m samurai along for some free flying on the beach as well, might see people tomorrow, may not currently in aber at uni,
Elthria

justal - 20-11-2004 at 16:57

I'll be out tomorrow afternoon (off the seafront if the wind does what it is forecast to do). Today was good, 18-22 knots NE in the estuary. Maxed out with the 15m Strike so then went windsurfing as well.

Pretty cold though, I had ALL of my neoprene layers on!.

Al.

bucski - 20-11-2004 at 17:09

no worries neil, looks like forecast could be okay in the afternoon tomorrow, can't do next weekend i'm afraid, have fun

mNeil - 20-11-2004 at 22:24

just read als post of 18 to 22 in the estuary;l cant beleive i spent most of the day and evening in the bathroom with the ********** tiles!!!!!!!!!!

justal - 20-11-2004 at 23:34

Neil, you won't want to hear this but.... Just been out to go to the toilet and its now blowing an absolute hoolie out there.... Pouring with rain as well, but it has warmed up since this afternoon.

You will however be pleased to hear that I have to tile a fireplace and build a hearth tomorrow... So you aren't the only one!

Al.

justal - 21-11-2004 at 08:17

Latest update rom Borth..... Not a lot of wind at the mo, but it is set to pick up. Should be good this afternoon.

I'd best get the cement mixed up and lay this hearth now!

Al.

justal - 21-11-2004 at 11:03

Here it comes......

mNeil - 21-11-2004 at 11:24

i'm about to take the tiles off the main window cill for the THIRD TIME; cant get the ********** to stick correctly.have fun all you on the water today, will be up all next weekend in the van ,lets hope that it will still be warm.had enough now!!!!!!!!! oooooops must keep my composure

[Edited on 21/11/04 by mNeil]

justal - 21-11-2004 at 11:32

Just how big is this bathroom Neil.... You seem to have been working on it for months and months!

So far today my forecast has been spot on (pretty much to the minute)... So I'm going to leave it another hour or so and then go windsurfing, we should have a decent 20 knots SW by then.... Looks a bit gusty at the moment.

Theres not a lot I can do to the hearth at the moment anyway as I have to wait for the cement to dry!

Al.

mNeil - 21-11-2004 at 11:47

just dont like to overdo things at one go Al.
main problem is like most older houses built before the introduction of plaster board all the walls were plastered by hand and of course it has had the bathroom and toilet knocked into one so all the walls go off at tangents; using large tiles from the floor to the ceiling have had to re plaster all over the place to get straight edges and then it is always a compromise!
just around the bath to do now though! and i am still maintaining my composure!

justal - 21-11-2004 at 14:39

Well, you haven't missed much here.... I spoke to soon it seems. The wind picked up to about 16 knots on the beach so I came back and got the 15m kite, but by the time I got back it had dropped off again. Didn't have much of a session in the end, just a little downwinder.

No doubt it will fill in now that I'm back at home. Don't think I'll look at the flags again this afternoon as I don't want to know!

Al.

col123 - 21-11-2004 at 15:15

its windy here in brum...bloody sprouts..

i'm planning on a monday trip so turn on the water heater in the sea please Al

justal - 21-11-2004 at 15:54

It'll be fine, the water temp is still 12¬?C and air temps tomorrow look about the same. Almost tropical in comparison to yesterday!

Al.

leonardo - 21-11-2004 at 17:21

thanks for the updates Al..sounds like dunk and I made a good decision in not going..

1.5 weeks to go and I'll be bossting in boardies in 30 degree Cape tooooooooooooowwwwn!!

justal - 21-11-2004 at 17:35

It did pick up just after I came back. I could see Tim's (bucksi) kite above the dunes and he seemed pretty well powered by then.... Obviously now that its got dark it seems even windier.

Who needs 30¬?C and boardies??? The only reason I do these sports is for the excuse to wear a rubber suit!!
And in the winter I get to wear my rubber gimp mask as well!

Al.

chris - 21-11-2004 at 19:43

yep the wind picked up and i tried a quick session at around 4:00 tangled lines meant i ran out of time and day light. cheers tim for the help.

derek went out with the lights for a nightkite!!!!!

his kite looked like a giant jelly fish. unfortunatly a jump sent the kite into the water for a dark swim in. the man is a legend.

[Edited on 21-11-2004 by chris]

bucski - 21-11-2004 at 20:51

he is a legend indeed, those lights are unreal, and that's only the start, wait til he gets those christmas tree lights around his kite! Santa will be coming to Borth!!

chris - 21-11-2004 at 21:15

we put the lights on the kite. wish i had my camera with me

leonardo - 22-11-2004 at 12:40

this i have to see!!!

Sounds like bruless bru is a legend..

mNeil - 22-11-2004 at 13:19

RESPECT