Forces-of-Nature Forums
Last Active : Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]

July so far in the Forces-of-Nature Diaries
Total Entries: 18026
This Months Entries: 45
My Total Entries: 0
My Entries this Month: 0
Most Active Members:
squiz (22 entries)
maker (16 entries)
Brian (2 entries)
Most Stoked Members:
squiz (Stoke Factor: 96 )
maker (Stoke Factor: 62 )
alistair (Stoke Factor: 8 )

Member Details Session Description
Toys Used
Owner: squiz

Member#: 6644
Registered: 27-05-2007
Diary Entries: 2200

25th April 2021
Windsurfing: Bradfield
Wind Direction: NE
Wind Stength: 10/25
Surf / Sea State: river chop
Air Temperature: 8
Sea Temperature: 8
Weather: cloudy and cold
Max Speed: 21.73 (knots - unless stated otherwise)
Distance Covered: 18.75 mile (Nautical Miles - unless stated otherwise)

Sunday 25th April - Windsurf ** - River Stour at Bradfield – cloudy and still chilly.

Fin – 21.73 knot max, 20.65 knot ave., 11.02 knot hour, 16.25 knot mile, 30.17 km.,14.64 knot alpha.

F2 Zantos 295 with 36 fin and Tushingham Lightning 7m.

With a good NE breeze forecast today and high water at Felixtowe around 11 meaning The Dip would be at its best late afternoon and learning that David Coles was heading over to the River Stour at Bradfield I decided to join him. David was already there when I arrived and after checking the wind strength, gusting 25 mph straight down the river and expected to build I decided to try my fin board first as I had such a great fin sail on Wednesday and I don’t get out much on it these days as foiling has rather taken over! There was white water right across the river so quickly rigged my 7m and nearly took out my F2 Ride 282 at 115 lt. but in the end was pleased I changed my mind going for the bigger F2 Xantos 295 at 133 lt. even though that needs some wax on it as the non-slip has gone! Despite the cold the session started really well as I started the beat against the tide towards Wrabness and Holbrook Bay. I have had some good fin sessions here but the wind needs to be 25kts plus which it was to start with, I was not getting upwind as well as the foilers as for the most not quite windy enough. Then sadly after I had done all the hard work reaching the wider section of river the wind dropped away even some of the foilers were struggling and at this point my 7m would not have been enough for me to foil! Trouble now I had to sail back and after about 4 slow reaches I made it within 400m and decided to walk the last bit. So, the session started well then petered out, still we have no control over the wind, lets hope it starts to warm up soon!
The good thing about today was I was home in time for a visit from our son who lives local and then a video call from our Surrey Son with Grandson :) and it has been a good month for windsurfing with this being my 10th session!

Photo Gallery Here

MK booms here

Toys Used:
F2 Xantos 295 133
Tushingham Lightning 7.0
MK CPS carbon 180/240
Gull Delta L



About MY Statsbar



No. of Views: 188
Facebook Stumbleupon Digg




back to top

Web Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...