Forces-of-Nature Forums
Last Active : Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]

July so far in the Forces-of-Nature Diaries
Total Entries: 17318
This Months Entries: 9
My Total Entries: 0
My Entries this Month: 0
Most Active Members:
squiz (4 entries)
justal (2 entries)
maker (2 entries)
Most Stoked Members:
squiz (Stoke Factor: 16 )
justal (Stoke Factor: 8 )
maker (Stoke Factor: 8 )

Member Details Session Description
Toys Used
Owner: squiz

Member#: 6644
Registered: 27-05-2007
Diary Entries: 1938

25th November 2019
Windsurfing: Levington
Wind Direction: S
Wind Stength: 5/10
Surf / Sea State: flatish
Air Temperature: 10
Sea Temperature:
Weather: cloudy
Max Speed: 8.37 (knots - unless stated otherwise)
Distance Covered: 5.34 (Nautical Miles - unless stated otherwise)

Monday 25th November Windsurf * - River Orwell - Levington sunny.

Starboard Formula and Slingshot Hover Glide F/Wind with Tushingham Lightning 6.5

Foil 8.37 knot max., 5.95 knot ave., 6.30 knot hour, 0.00 knot mile, 10.00 km., 3.90 knot Alpha.

Its been a very poor month for windsurfing as the temperatures have dropped making any wind unappealing! But Mag and I have been very busy decorating the whole of the inside of our house and we are nearing completion now! Being slightly milder I was keen to get out but the forecast wind had not arrived and I needed to be at Levington early to catch the 10-o clock high. We were up early giving the kitchen a quick coat of paint and with the wind picking up slightly I decided to take a chance and headed over to the marina arriving at 9.30. With the wind cross on from the left gusting to 20 mph I quickly set up the foil with my 6.5 but by the time I sailed away with loads of water in the Orwell it was pretty light and only managed to get airborne for a couple of seconds:( I should have been brave enough to rig my 8.5 but the cold put me off and if I learned anything from this slogging session it is there is no way I can foil in light winds with a small sail! So, with my feet now getting cold and with no sign of the wind improving I decided to call it a day, cant win them all!!! Might get some wind tomorrow, will have to wait and see before it turns cold again:(

Photo Gallery Here

Toys Used:
Starboard Formula 155
Tushingham Lightning 6.5
Slingshot Hover Glide F Wind Foil Infinity 76
Slingshot Hover Glide Mast 90 cm
Mystic  Majestic xl



About MY Statsbar



No. of Views: 172
Facebook Stumbleupon Digg




back to top

Web Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...