Forces-of-Nature Forums
Last Active : Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]

July so far in the Forces-of-Nature Diaries
Total Entries: 16761
This Months Entries: 32
My Total Entries: 0
My Entries this Month: 0
Most Active Members:
justal (14 entries)
squiz (10 entries)
maker (5 entries)
Most Stoked Members:
justal (Stoke Factor: 52 )
squiz (Stoke Factor: 39 )
maker (Stoke Factor: 15 )


Member Details Session Description
Toys Used
Owner: squiz
Member



Member#: 6644
Location:
Registered: 27-05-2007
Diary Entries: 1742

20th October 2017
Windsurfing: Levington
Wind Direction: WSW
Wind Stength: 10/20
Surf / Sea State: river chop
Air Temperature: 14
Sea Temperature:
Weather: cloudy
Max Speed: 26.26 (knots - unless stated otherwise)
Distance Covered: 17.53 (Nautical Miles - unless stated otherwise)

Friday 20th October Ė windsurfing ** Levington Ė cloudy

26.26 kt. max, 24.08 kt. ave., 9.59 kt. hr., 18.77 kt mile, 32.50 km., 17.36 kt. alpha.

With the wind in the west and a good tide Levington was the only option, itís lucky I didnít want to go to Point Clear because of a fatal accident on the A14 the Orwell Bridge was closed most of the day :( With high tide around midday I was hoping to get to the marina by ten but it was a miserable morning with rain falling! In the end I got there by about 10.30 and with wind gusting over 20 mph I went with 6.5 on the 292 but the wind was all over the place, very up and down only planning in patches:( I surprisingly got a 24kt max but a couple more windsurfers came down including Simon Rees but they were not tempted to rig and left. I came ashore to pack up as Tom Alexander arrived and started to rig so I decided to have another go and had my best hour but still very gusty! I increased my max to 26kts and got enough runs for a 24 kt ave but it was hard going. I had some OK runs across the bay and then Tom seemed to be going well further down the Orwell towards the docks so sailed down there to see but was not keen as the tide had turned and if anything went wrong you would end up in the middle of the docks! The wind dropped and it was a struggle to sail the two miles back by which time we had had enough so we backed up. Storm Brian is arriving for tomorrow with forecast winds of 30 to 50 mph which is helpful so not sure whether to bother with a trip to Point Clear or just save myself for a trip to Bradfield on Sunday ????


Photo Gallery Here

Toys Used:
F2 Xantos 295 133
Tushingham Lightning 6.5
Mystic  Majestic xl

 

Statsbar:

About MY Statsbar

  

Rating:  

No. of Views: 357
Facebook Stumbleupon Digg Del.icio.us
     

 

 


 

back to top

Web Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...

Privacy